• Ensuring greater academic RECOGNITION on the global stage.
• Promoting TRANSFERABILITY of public health education & training.
• Increasing EMPLOYABILITY of public health graduates.
• Attesting the QUALITY of Public Health Workforce training.
APHEA - Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation
Ave de l'Armée / Legerlaan 10
1040 Brussels, Belgium
Quality assurance and improvement of public health & global health education and training.
Promoting and facilitating high quality, socially accountable and ethical education and training of public health workforces throughout the world.
- To employ agreed standards and criteria established and maintained by academic peers and stakeholders.
- To assure quality in education and social accountability through the use of validation, accreditation, self-evaluation and peer site visits.
- To facilitate internal quality improvement through the assistance of collegial partners and peers.
- To promote innovation through the sharing of good practice found within schools, programmes and courses of public health.
- To support the continuous integration of workforce competences to respond to present and forthcoming public health challenges.
- To assist and provide tools for schools, programmes and courses to develop toward global benchmarks.
- To provide training for sector based peer reviewers.
- To transparently self-evaluate own processes for publication to improve the sector.